Article １. Glossary of terms
1. For the purpose of these Terms, the following terms shall be defined as follows:
(1) "Site" means the website "SIGNATE (https://signate.jp
)" on which the Competitions are posted.
(2) "Host" is the host of this Competition. Advanced Defense Technology Center of Acquisition, Technology & Logistics Agency. is designated as Host of this Competition.
This Competition is organized by the SIGNATE, Inc. (hereafter referred to as the ”Company"). The Company is an independent contractor of the Host, and organizing this Competition, on behalf of the Host.
(3) "This Competition" means the competition on the accuracy and the speed of visual image segmentation of off-road images on the Site as held by the Host.
(4) "Participant(s)" means the member(s) who participate in this Competition.
(5) "Submissions" means, collectively, prediction results, prediction models and reports, etc. as submitted in this Competition.
(6) "Final Submissions" means the Submissions that are created by a Participant(s) on the prescribed page by the designated deadline in the Site.
(7) "Potential Winners" means the Participants who have received a winning notice from the Company that they are nominated as winners.
(8) "Submissions for Final Review" means the prediction model , learning data and reports, etc. as submitted by Potential Winners pursuant to the instructions of the Company.
(9) "Final Review" means the assessment, and verification of the Final Submissions, including validations and verification, by the Company, and determination of Final Winners.
(10) "Winners" means the Potential Winners who are informed by the Company that they have won a prize.
Article ２. Competition Eligibility
1. A member who desires to participate in this Competition, shall be required to agree to these Terms and to satisfy the conditions for participation as specified in this Competition. Any person who is not a member shall not participate in this Competition.
2. A personnel of Ministry of Defense of Japan, or ATLA, can participate in this Competition, provided that he/she is a member, but he/she are not eligible to receive the monetary rewards.
3. Participants shall participate in this Competition in the manner as described in the Site and shall be obligated to comply with the rules as prescribed in this Competition.
4. Participants may submit the Submissions for the assignment of this Competition during the period of this Competition and submit a proposal on the method of solving the problem by the end of the period of this Competition.
5. Participants may submit the Final Submissions specified in this Competition by the designated deadline by this Competition.
6. The Final Submissions as submitted shall be assessed by the evaluation metrics as specified in this Competition and the final rank order shall be determined based on such evaluation.
7. Any Participant may check the tentative ranking results, based on the quantitative metrics, of all Participants on the Site.
8. Participants shall be liable or otherwise responsible for their own Submissions, including their legality.
9. Participants shall not submit any Submissions that have no direct relationship to this Competition.
10. Unless otherwise provided for, Participants shall not directly communicate to, consult with, make a request to, solicit or take any other actions with the Host, in respect of the matters related to this Competition during the period of this Competition.
11. Any Participant who has uncertainty or questions about this Competition, shall make sure to contact the Company or its designee through the procedures prescribed by the Site.
12. The Host shall not be obligated to pay any remuneration or other consideration for any act of the Participants as prescribed in paragraphs hereof. The Company shall not be obligated to pay any remuneration or other consideration, other than those prescribed in the following Article, for any act of the Participants as prescribed in paragraphs hereof.
Article ３. Reward and Transfer of Rights
1. Unless otherwise provided for, any Participant shall satisfy the following requirements in order to be entitled to receive a reward in this Competition:
(1) To be winners;
(2) To agree to transfer all transferable rights, such as copyrights, patents and know-how, etc. and the prediction results, prediction model, algorithm, source code and documentations for the model verification and validation, etc., and the Submissions contained in the Final Submissions and Submissions for Final Review (including the rights as prescribed in Article 27 and Article 28 of the Copyright Act of Japan and the rights to obtain patents; hereinafter referred to as the "Rights") to the Host of this Competition;
(3) To agree that any relevant transferee of rights exclusively has the right to use the know-how contained in the Final Submissions and Submissions for Final Review for its own business and other purpose without any restriction;
(4) To agree not to exercise moral rights to the Rights against the relevant transferee of rights;
(5) To have the personal identity of such Participant verified by the Company; and
2. Any Potential Winners shall, after having received a notice from the Company that they are nominated as potential winners, submit the Submissions for Final Review on or before the designated date and communicate the matters requiring confirmation or response in relation to the Final Submissions and the Submissions for Final Review to the Company on or before the designated date, in accordance with the instructions of the Company. The Company shall carry out the final review based on such matters requiring confirmation or response. If the Company receives no confirmation or response satisfactory to the Company on or before the designated date, the Company may exclude such Potential Winners from the subject of the final review.
3. If the Company considers that the Final Submissions or Submissions for Final Review need to be amended or modified, or there occur any additional matters requiring confirmation, in the course of the final review, any Potential Winners shall take action or make response in relation to the matters that require amendment, etc. or the detailed information on the matters requiring confirmation, on or before the designated date in accordance with the instructions of the Company. If the Company receives no action or response satisfactory to the Company on or before the designated date, the Company may exclude such Potential Winners from the final review.
4. The Company shall determine the Winners through the final review and inform the Winners to that effect.
Article ４. Confidentiality Obligation
1. Participants shall treat any information, data, or such contents as insights and deliverables transmitted through the service where they receive from the Company in relation to this Competition (hereinafter referred to as the "Company-Provided Information") as confidential information, and shall not disclose the same to any third party and use the same for any purpose other than for this Competition and purpose specified by the Company separately; provided, however, that the confidential information shall not include any information that falls under any of the following items:
(1) Information that is known to the public at the time of the disclosure;
(2) Information that is already possessed by the Participant at the time of the disclosure (only in the case where such Participant may demonstrate such fact by reasonable means);
(3) Information that becomes known to the public without the fault of the Participant after the disclosure;
(4) Information that is independently developed by the Participant without reference to any information as disclosed (except for those Submissions of the person eligible for a prize which are evaluated); or
(5) Information that is rightfully disclosed by any third party having a right to do so without the obligations of confidentiality (only in the case where such Participant may demonstrate such fact by reasonable means).
2. Any Winners shall handle their Final Submissions and Submissions for Final Review in the same manner as prescribed in the paragraph 1 hereof.
3. After the completion of this Competition, Participants may published and/or disclose their algorithms, and their documents related this Competition, including the Final Submissions and Submissions for Final Review, provided they shall specify the source that these documents are created by the participation in this Competition. However he/she shall provide the link to the publication and/or the web page in the official forum of this Competition, so that the all Participants can access these sources. The published/disclosed documents containing the image data, he/she shall specify the notice of copyright below,
ATLA, MOD, Japan
4. Except described in the paragraph 3, Participants shall delete or return the Company-Provided Information after the completion of this Competition.
5. If any dispute occurs between the Host or the Company and other third party due to the violation the provisions of this Article by any Participant and such other party makes any claim against the Host or the Company, such Participant shall compensate for any damage, loss, expenses (including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees), lost profits and lost revenues, etc. incurred by the Host and the Company.
6. The provisions of this Article shall survive the termination of this Competition or the Participant’s completion of the procedures for withdrawal from the service of the Company, with respect to the Company-Provided Information and the Winner’s Final Submissions and Submissions for Final Review for a period of five (5) years thereafter.
Article ５. Prohibited Acts of Participants
1. The Company shall prohibit Participants from engaging in any of the following acts in any Competition:
(1) An act of misconduct, such as cracking, cheating, and spoofing the others;
(2) An act of re-distribution of the image data or annotated data of the dataset of this Competition;
(3) An act of directly communicating to, consulting with, making a request to, soliciting or responding to solicitation or other activities to other Participants or the Host without the involvement of the Company;
(4) Any profitmaking activities using this Competition (including solicitation or scouting activities, and use for a third party in educational business, etc.) without the prior approval of the Company in writing or any other manner specified by the Company;
(5) Transfer, offering as collateral or other disposition of the status as a Participant or the rights or obligations as a Participant (except with the prior written consent of the Company); and
2. If the Company deems that a Participant engages in any of the prohibited acts as prescribed in the preceding paragraph, the Company may, without prior notice to the Participant, disqualify the Participant from this Competition in which the Participant participates, temporarily suspend the Participant from using the service of the Company, withdraw the Participant’s membership, claim damages from the Participant or take any other measures deemed necessary by the Company.
Article ６. Change, Discontinuation or Termination of Provision of Services under these Terms
1. The Company may change or temporarily suspend the services provided by the Company under these Terms without prior notice to the members.
2. Upon one (1) month prior notice to the members, the Company may suspend for a long period of time or terminate the services provided by the Company under these Terms.
3. The Company shall not be liable for any results or damage arising from the measures taken by the Company under this Article.
Article ７. Modification of these Terms
1. The Company may modify, add or delete any provisions of these Terms from time to time without the approval of the members.